If you read the title and thought “What in the world Mel?!” Don’t worry…or dinna fash!
Somehow, probably because I live under a rock, or maybe because I am simply un-hip, I missed this book that just came out— and by “just came out” I mean like 1991.
O U T L A N D E R .
For those of you in the “You are just NOW discovering this?!” eye rolling camp… in my defense, I generally read books that are older than the country in which I live.
Either that or they are children’s books or non-fiction.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon is neither of those things.
So it took time before I found it. But then I found it.
Those of you in the “Not THAT book!” eye rolling camp…hang on!
I am not going to give you a book report right this moment, but I am going to share a quick word about the tv series BECAUSE OF THE KNITWEAR!
Holy JAMMF*! THE KNITWEAR!
These images are swiped right off the intewebz when you google Outlander Series Knitwear:
Chunky yarn. Garter stitch. Jamie. Deep dark brrrrroooooowwwwnnnns! Jamie. Wool. Texture. Jamie. Kilts. Plaid. Berets. And then there is Jamie… I did mention him, right?
^^^^JAMMF. Right there^^^^
(you are welcome)
So, where were we?
We were wrapping ourselves in beautiful kilts from Scotland!
Or dreaming about men in kilts anyway…
All kidding aside, there is an entire collection of Outlander fans who tweet, blog and gather together to discuss and enjoy their love for the Outlander series! Sounds a little like the knitting community to me.
I dug deeper and discovered some really interesting things: Outlander fans have loads in common with knitters!
- I know not a soul reading this blog will find point number one that odd at all: PODCASTS! One that has a solid foundation of devoted viewers is My Outlander Purgatory, MOP for short.
- A variety of bloggers love to share all about the books series, the tv actors and the author. Musings of a Blithe Spirit is one I enjoy. And hey ya’ll, she is interested in knitting!
- Just like Ryan Gosling and the Hey Girl knitting fun,Outlander fans have awesome memes!
- The fans love all the knitwear in the tv series!
- They have An Outlandish Clan Kit for Knitters (kinda like a 3 month club that you don’t have to wait each month for) with a project bag made in Scotland from the Ancient Weathered Fraser Tartan, 2 speciality yarn colourways inspired by this tartan, another yarn colour inspired by the story’s heroine, 3 awesome patterns for these specialty yarns, a kilt pin…. Oh wait! That club hasn’t released yet…
It is open for pre-orders on 21 November at 9 pm Scottish Highland time…
And if you are too excited to wait for more details have a listen to the Caithness Craft Collective podcast and see if you hear any hints! Or look for the Outlandish Clan Kit info page to go live! You will see it on the main page here when it does!
Now, be a lovely lass (or laddie!) and share this post with others anywhere you find yourself! Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest…feel free to reblog it too! It’ll make me as happy as an Outlander fan in April 2015! Ya ken?