Aloha Test Knitters for MUSUBI! (and bc a few have asked, it is pronounced moo-SUE-bee 😉
You ladies are really splendid and doing a great job!
What I need now are a few assessments to help my tech editor and I work through any hiccups.
- Please respond below with where you are in your knitting
- Have you followed the instructions as written or did you make corrections/adjustments? If so please share with us exactly what they were.
- When you see a stitch count listed could you please verify the number of stitches you had? KEEP IN MIND: if your numbers are different that what is listed, do not be embarrassed! YOU COULD VERY WELL HAVE THE CORRECT COUNT!
- Give a tentative assessment as to how much longer it will take you to have the pieces of the sweater knit— not seamed and finished, just the fronts, back and sleeves. That way in case you need help with picking up stitches or seaming we can go over that!
- As you look over the pattern, do you need a tutorial for anything? How to seam, how to pick up stitches, things of that nature.
Please answer these questions in the above order with a number beside each of your answers/assessments to help keep us straight =)
These seemingly little things are very helpful to us!
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Aloha Knitters! I am sorry I have been a bit slow to respond. Our neighbor and friend lost her husband just days ago and has been overwhelmed with things and her children and getting family to arrive. I have not been attentive to much apart from how our family could help. I am back on things this morning and will be reading each comment before posting the (hopefully!) finalized pattern today. I understand the North East is snowed in today, so I bet you may have a moment or two to knit!
I will look in to sleeve adjustments as well for those who have mentioned it. If all knitters could comment below with SLEEVE INFO in all caps at the top of your comment and share with me how your sleeve measures, as well as refresh my memory with your yarn (and fiber content) It helps me at a glance seeing all of that in one spot =)
UPDATED MUSUBI PATTERN FOR THOSE STILL KNITTING: MUSUBI UPDATED 2/16
Please note! If you have already knit your pieces and are seaming, the sweater should still work fine! Having said that, if you want to rip back the top portion of the back we did alter the decreases.