Aloha Dear Knitters!
I will use this page as a quick “catch all”! And you can use it that way too! Have a Q? A comment that doesn’t fit in under any other headings? Want to share a funny story that happened as you knit? Maybe a link to your project page? Whatever! I will post up here any news and updates and you guys run away in the comment section!
UPDATE: 11/4 : ALOHA ALL!
JUST A QUICK UPDATE FROM ME:
The PDF posted yesterday has been updated Mauna Kea Pattern v 2.0. Writing the pattern was so much easier than dissecting the pattern!
Also of note:
I am reminded that some of you are new to sweaters, HURRAH! Be sure to repeat the entire portion within the asterisks ” * * ” when asked to repeat for the rest of the round. The knitting only from marker to marker become the front & back. The portions we work the ribbing become the sleeves. It is pretty magical to knit a sweater, no matter how many times you do!
Another Awesome Update is the Mauna Kea Timeline Of Awesomeness. It shows everything from dates we will have updates to the pattern, to reminders to snap progress pictures, to scheduled VKNs!
UPDATE 11/5: My A to Your Q!
I had a great question posed to me that I thought perhaps You wondered as well:
Why not simply host the MK K2G on Ravelry? Wouldn’t it be easier and all in one place? Wouldn’t there be more participation?
The question is awesome for loads of reason. The first: it shows You care about me and my success! That is at once flattering, inspiring and really heart warming— in short this question makes me smile at my inbox!
Let me hit hit some highlights of answers to this in the hopes of clarifying things i considered when putting together this K2G:
- I like doing things differently! When designing I spend quite a bit of time alone either developing the idea or creating the product. That time alone allows plenty of opportunity to think and brainstorm, to dream up ways of doing things, not just in stitches but in working with others.
- Ravelry is awesome, but not everyone is plugged in there. I enjoy Kollabora as a place to interact with other crafters. My blog is where I spend the most time, so it is a natural place for me to want to center myself. I like the succinct way Twitter hones what we want to ask or share. Instagram makes my day!
- This K2G was not intended to be “all in one place”— from the start I knew I wanted to incorporate Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo (for my videos), audio chats and Virtual Knit Nights. I wanted to offer ways I like connecting in the hopes of sharing with You perhaps new venues to connect! Trying new things breeds creativity!
- There is no way I could have all this on a thread in Ravelry, on SpaceCadet or SingleHandedKnits Group.
- Even though it would give loads of exposure form a marketing standpoint, my focus is only to connect with YOU! YOU bought this kit and You are my focus.
- Easier for You? I know the way I have chosen to do this K2G is different, but I wouldn’t say it is more difficult. You have been introduced to a different forum and are in a discovery state looking around through various links and pages. Give yourself a few days to get your sea legs! The Main Page for this K2G will have all updates and links in one place so you never will get lost if you look to: A QUICK PLAN OF ACTION to see what is added to the list.
- AND BEAR IN MIND: You can totally chat and share on Ravelry! I ask that you please not discuss pattern specifics (numbers and such) but by all means adding to our group opportunities to share is fine. I just want to let you know I have spent a great deal of time and effort creating this here and here is where you can reach me quickly!
Honestly, I could have released this pattern traditionally with the kit as always: you get the kit, the pattern to knit from and Boom! There it is! I could have a “Help for MK” page with a FAQ thread on Rav. It certainly would require a ton less time and effort on my part compared to the K2G this way, but my goal was and remains:
CONNECTING WITH YOU DEAR KNITTER TO ENJOY KNITTER A SWEATER FROM START TO FINISH IN COMMUNITY WITH ONE ANOTHER AS WE LEARN.
And lastly… I don’t know about You, but if I pop on to Revelry or Pinterest or a site about Benedict Cumberbatch I find I spend WAAAAYYYY longer there than I had planned. I am weak, so very weak….
Anyway! I hope this answers any questions You may have! Chatter where You like! Ak questions here or email me firstname.lastname@example.org Show off your stuff on twitter, instagram Revelry, Pinterest, Flicker…wherever! I will definitely see you around here and some of those other social spots! Happy to have this opportunity to Knit2Gether!
What do You think? Feel free to respond below! You can respond anywhere in the comments on any page about anything! =)