Sometimes you get it right first try.
Other times you knock it out of the ballpark the second attempt.
I gotta say, Ikaika nailed it both times!
You all met Ikaika a bit ago HERE. She was knit with two strands of Helix held together for a comfortable cardigan with playful asymmetrical vibes.
Now I am pleased to share Ikaika 2.0 as she has been lovingly dubbed. Knit in 1 strand of Helix and 1 strand of Penumbra, the cardigan has a fresh feel for springtime knitting—and wearing!
The soft fabric created with the strand of wool paired with the strand of mohair blend is almost indescribable, but let me borrow the model’s reaction to wearing it in the shoot: “It is so light! I love the softness!”
The drape of the revamp really had me stoked. Think gentle, contouring, fluid. No extra bulk. Not a stiff stitch to be found…
And the HALO!
The glowing aura around this knit isn’t the fuzzy-wuzzy, “look at all this hairy-hair” kind. It is that subtle halo that you catch in just the right light, the kind that has you lightly running your palm over the fronts, it adds to the overall feel of the sweater as it gentles the switch definition ever so slightly.
The revamp includes new yarn duo, new gauge info., patterning detail additions, thoughts on sleeves, and closure options. I share how adding a wee button *here* and *there* can give you what you are looking for!
And speaking of the most adorable buttons e v e r… meet the new kit!
This kit is •b e y o n d• awesome!
- all the hand-painted Penumbra & Helix yarn you’ll need to complete the project – 1600 yards in all/800 of each
- My favourite 10 / 6 mm x 80 cm bamboo circular needle
- Two beautiful brocade pouches to store knitting notions and supplies
- The most perfect of accents: Hand-tied Chinese ball buttons to compliment your yarn choice
- metal stitch markers in three colors
- a yarn needle
- a kilt pin in case you choose the sans button version (use those buttons for something else!)
- The printed Ikaika pattern and a downloadable version with the original and updated versions
- A two-color pattern-marking pencil
- AND MY FAVE: a brocade-covered notebook!
You all know how I feel about journaling. I love it! Journaling about knitting projects, sketching out future dream knits, recording thoughts of the day just finished…anything at all can go inside this beautiful notebook.
To grab your limited edition kit in the new version or original Head Here!
•Be sure to use the “withmel” code at checkout for an extra treat!•
Hoping you see your Monday as a chance to re-do another adventure this week! Revamps aren’t just for knitting patterns!
Peace, Aloha & Happiknits to You,
By the way: subscribers to the With∞Mel newsletter are in for a treat this month! Want in? Sign up for our newsletter by heading here!